Research & Publications
The Gordon Institute for Music Learning is proud to publish Audea, a journal for research and applications of music learning theory. GIML members are invited to view current and past issues of Audea in the “members-only” area of our website. Interested in submitting an article for publication in Audea? Please view the Audea Submission Guidelines for more information.
The Edwin E. Gordon Research Fund supports research that furthers the study of music learning theory and the research base upon which it was created. Grants of up to $2000 will be awarded annually for outstanding projects. Please view the Research Fund RFP for more information.
Music Learning Theory publications are available from GIA Publications.
To request a catalog, contact:
GIA Publications, Inc.
7404 S. Mason Avenue
Chicago IL 60638
Phone: 708-496-3800 or 800-442-1358
- The University at Buffalo Honors Leading Music Scholar
- The Development and Practical Application of Music Learning Theory
Edited by Maria Runfola and Cynthia Taggart
- Music Moves for Piano by Marilyn Lowe
- Together in Harmony: Combining Orff Schulwerk and Music Learning Theory by Diane M. Lange
- Tune Assistant by Bruce Dalby
- Developing Musicianship Through Improvisation
- Primary Measures of Music Audiation (PMMA) CD-ROM
- Jump Right In: Kindergarten
- Corybantic Conversations
- Whittled Wordscapes
- Clarity by Comparison and Relationship
- Audiation Assistant 2.0
- Handbook For the Beginning Music Teacher